doc. dr. sc. Ana Budimir
Phone: 01 6394 456
Address: Department of General and Inorganic Chemistry
Ante Kovačića 1, 10000 Zagreb
Ana Budimir, PhD is assistant professor at the Department of General and Inorganic Chemistry. She teaches graduate courses General Chemistry (lecturer) and Free radicals and antioxidants in health and diseases (co-lecturer) for the students of pharmacy and medicinal biochemistry. She participates in teaching postgraduate courses Kinetics and mechanism of reactions of pharmaceutical compounds and Water in biology. Her scientific interests include bioinorganic chemistry, metal/ligand interactions, kinetics and mechanisms of the complex compounds.
- 2007 University of Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France and University of Zagreb, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Postgraduate doctoral study, academic title: PhD, field of science: natural sciences, physical bioinorganic chemistry.
- 2002 Faculty of Science; University of Zagreb, Graduate study of Physical Chemistry, academic title: Master of Science, MSc.
- 1994 Faculty of Science; University of Zagreb, Undergraduate study of Chemistry, academic title: dipl. ing. chem.
- 2011 – today: assistant professor at Department of General and Inorganic chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- 2008 – 2011: senior assistant – research associate at Department of General and Inorganic chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- 2000 – 2007: assistant at Department of General and Inorganic chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- 1997 – 2000: assistant at Department of Physical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- 2013 – 2015 (several months each year), Department of Analytical and Inorganic Chemistry, University of Debrecen, Hungary, Catalysis and chemical kinetics
- February 2010 – January 2011 Postdoctoral study with Dr. István Fábián, Department of Analytical and Inorganic Chemistry, University of Debrecen, Hungary, Catalysis and chemical kinetics
- September 2009, Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, University of Debrecen, Dynamic NMR study with Prof. István Bányai
- July 2009 Inorganic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Erlangen, Germany, Computational chemistry study with Prof. Rudi van Eldik and Dr. Ralph Puchta
- 2001 – 2007 (several months each year, all together 3.5 years) Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie Bioinorganique, CNRS, Université Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France, Physical bioinorganic chemistry Doctorate study with Dr. Anne-Marie Albrecht-Gary
- 2013-2015 Project associate, Basic chemical and biological research for elimination of environmentally hazardous chemicals, (ENVIKUT), EU Social Fond, Hungary
- 2007-2014 Project associate and principal investigator in 2013 and 2014, Kinetics and mechanism of Mn porphyrins-based catalytic antioxidant activity, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia
- 2012 Principal investigator, Water Exchange on Manganese(III) Porphyrins, EU, EAST-NMR-00083
- 2010-2011 Project associate, Basic research in chemistry and biotechnology for elimination of halogenated hydrocarbon pollutants of aquifers and ground water, Hungary development plan
- 2009-2010 Project associate, Water Exchange Rate of Water-Soluble Manganese(III) Porphyrins, EU, EAST-NMR-PORPHYRINS
- 2007-2008 Project associate, Free radicals and antioxidants in biomedicine, Croatian-Hungarian intergovernmental project
- 2002-2006 Project associate, Kinetics and mechanism of the reaction of hydroxamic acids with metal ions, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia
Awards and honors:
- 2001 French government fellowship recipient (boursier du gouvernement français)
- 2003 RSC Travel grant, Inorganic Reaction Mechanisms Meeting 2003. National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
- 2004 Egide PhD scholarship (granted by Egide, an agency of the French government)
- 2005 French government fellowship recipient, co-tutelle PhD scholarship (boursier du gouvernement français)
- 2006 Croatian science foundation PhD scholarship
- Croatian Chemical Society (1997-today)
- 2013: member of the scientific committee for the 23rd Croatian Meeting of Chemist and Chemical Engineers, Osijek, Croatia,2013.
The works included in the Croatian scientific bibliography (CROSBI)