doc. dr. sc. Petra Turčić
Phone: 01 6394 752
Address: Department of Pharmacology
Domagojeva 2, 10000 Zagreb
Petra Turčić, Ph.D. is an assistant professor at the Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry of University of Zagreb. She teaches courses of the graduate study: Pharmacology, Experimental Pharmacology and is the Head of the course of Pharmacoeconomics and Dermatics in pharmacy practice. She also teaches at the postgraduate study of Dermatovenerology, School of Medicine of University of Zagreb. The area of her scientific research interest is modeling of peptide motives, defining of bioactive motives and their ligands, and spectroscopic, in vitro and in vivo confirmation of the epitope-paratope or ligand-receptor interactions between the peptides.
- 2011: School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Postgraduate study "Health Care Management"
- 2011: Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Postgraduate doctoral study, academic title: PhD in Biomedicine and Health Sciences
- 2005: Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Graduate study: Pharmacy, academic degree: Master of Pharmacy
- 2015. -: Assistant professor at the Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb
- 2011 – 2015. Senior Assistant at the Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb
- 2005 – 2011: Assistant at the Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb
- Support (2016) University of Zagreb; Trace elements and oxidative stress in obesity
- Support (2015) University of Zagreb; The impact of genetic variants of alpha - acid glycoprotein on the binding of some drugs
- Support (2014) University of Zagreb; Glycosylation of transferrin as a factor of iron transmission in the body
- Support (2013), University of Zagreb; Interactions of blood glycoproteins with medicines
- Associate in four projects of the Ministry of Science, Education and Sport:
- Endocrine and paracrine regulation of renal transport and nephropharmacology (2005 – 2007, Project number: 0006551);
- Intrarenal mechanisms of transport regulation and nephropharmacology (2007 – 1/05/2008, Project number: 006-0000000-0011);
- Malignant epidermal skin tumors in Croatia (2009 – 2013, project number: 218-0000000-3657);
- Modeling of bioactive molecules and investigation of their properties and effects (2009 – 2013., project number: 098-0982929-2524);
Awards and acknowledgments
- Best Poster Award on 7th Croatian conference of pharmacologists with international participation, held in Zagreb, 2013
- Travel Grant for 15th Budapest Nephrology School, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary, 2008;
Memberships in professional associations / societies
- Croatian Pharmaceutical Society (2005 – )
- Croatian Chamber of Pharmacists (HLJK) (2005 – )
- Croatian Pharmacological Society (2007 – )
- Croatian Association for Medical Education (2009 – )
- Croatian Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Health Economics – CSPHE (2009 – )
- ERA-EDTA (European Renal Association-European Dialysis and Transplant Association) (2008 – )
- Junior Member of European Academy of Allergy and Immunology (2009 – )
- Member of the editorial board of professional magazine for Medicines and Medical Devices – Pharmabiz (2012 –
- April 4th 2006 passed the state exam.
- 2009: First category postgraduate course "The Art of Medical Education"
- 2009: Summer School of nephrology in Budapest at Semmelweis University
- 2013: "The science of laboratory animals", an internationally recognized certificate of qualification FELASA category C certificate.
- The author of E-course "Contraception" organized in collaboration with HLJK and Bayer, intended for education of graduate pharmacists.
Committees and appointments
- 2016. -: President of the Committee for promotion of the cooperation with industry at the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry.
- 2016 -: Member of Education Committee at the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry.
- 2016. -: Member of the extended assembly of the Medicinal Product Safety Committee at Agency for Medical Products and Medical Devices of Croatia
- 2015.-2016.: President of Agency for Medical Products and Medical Devices of Croatia Administration Board
- 2012: Judge of the Disciplinary Court of first degree at HLJK
- 2012 – 2016.: Member of the E-Learning Committee at the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry.
- 2011: Member of the HLJK Commission for professional development and proficiency checks of pharmacists
The works included in the Croatian scientific bibliography (CROSBI)