prof. dr. sc. Živka Juričić
Phone: 01 6394 404
Address: Sociology and Healthcare
A. Kovačića 1, 10000 Zagreb
Prof. Zivka Juricic, Ph.D. is employed as associate professor at the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry. She teaches courses: ''Sociology in Health Care'', ''Sociology in Pharmacy'' and ''Communication skills''. She also takes part in the course: ''Pharmacist Care''.
The field of her scholar and research interests include medical sociology, sociology of pharmacist practice, as well as social pharmacy, pharmacist care and pharmacist communication skills.
- 1996 - Faculty of Philosophy University in Zagreb, Postgraduate doctoral study, academic title: Doctor of Philosophy, field sociology
- 1983 - Faculty of Philosophy University in Zagreb, Postgraduate study, academic title: Master of Arts, field sociology
- 1979 - Faculty of Philosophy University in Zagreb, study groups: Sociology and Philosophy, academic title: Bachelor of Arts - professor of sociology and philosophy
- 2009 - today: Associate professor at the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry University in Zagreb, courses: ''Sociology in Health Care'', ''Sociology in Pharmacy'' and ''Communication skills''
- 2003-2009: Assistant professor at the Faculty of Medicine University in Split
- 1997-2003: Senior research assistant at the Faculty of Medicine University in Split
- 1992-1997: Post-secondary nursing school at the Faculty of Medicine University in Zagreb, subjects ‘’Sociology of Nursing’’ and ‘’Medical Ethics’’
- 1983-1992: Senior research assistant at the Department of Sociology of the Faculty of Medicine University in Zagreb
- 1979-1983: Research assistant at the Department of Sociology, for the courses: ‘’Medical Sociology’’ and ‘’Economic of Health Care’’ at the Faculty of Medicine University in Zagreb
- 2005 - today: Associate member of the running international project: International Social Survey Programme (ISSP) within the Institute for Social Research. The network of the institutions from 48 countries work together in poll-researches of various aspects of social life.
- 2014 Associate at two scientific projects: ‘’Biological Effects and Phytochemical Characterization of Medicinal Herbs with Application in Traditional Medicine’’ and ‘’Research of Biomedical Potential of Secondary Metabolites in Plants’’ (2014).
Awards and Honours:
- Academic year 2006/2007 she was awarded for her work as a lecturer (Testificato award) - evaluated by the students as a professor with the highest mean grade.
Membership in professional associations:
- Member of the Croatian Sociological Association (1991 - today)
- Member of the Croatian Bioethics Association (2010 - today)
- 2010 - today: Associate of the Centre for Applied Pharmacy of the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry in the field of social and humanistic science, sociology and communication;
- Coordinator for disabled students.
The works included in the Croatian scientific bibliography (CROSBI)