prof. dr. sc. Dunja Rogić
Phone: 01 2367 288
Address: Department of Medical Biochemistry and Hematology
Domagojeva 2, 10000 Zagreb
Dunja Rogić, PhD, medical biochemistry specialist, is associate professor at the Department of Medical Biochemistry and Hematology, Zagreb University School of Pharmacy & Biochemistry, and head of Department of Laboratory Diagnostics, University Hospital Center Zagreb and Zagreb University School of Medicine. She is leader of the courses: Point-of-Care Testing and Emergency Laboratory Diagnostics, co-leader of the course: Special Areas of Clinical Biochemistry, and collaborator in the course: Clinical Biochemistry of Organs and Organ Systems. Basic fields of her research and professional activities are evidence-based laboratory medicine, organization and management of medical biochemistry laboratory, point-of-care testing, and organization and management of laboratory parameters of renal diseases.
- 2000. School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Postgraduate doctoral study, academic title: PhD, field of science: biomedicine and health
- 1995. Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Postgraduate study, academic title: MSc, field of science: biomedicine and health
- 1986. Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Graduate study of Medical Biochemistry, academic title: Master of Medical Biochemistry
- 2013 - associate professor at Zagreb University School of Pharmacy & Biochemistry
- 2013 - head of Department of Laboratory Diagnostics, University Hospital Center Zagreb and School of Medicine
- 2008 - elected to a research position of associate research scientist
- 2008 - assistant professor at Zagreb University School of Pharmacy & Biochemistry
- 2002-2012 - head of Division of General and Emergency Laboratory Diagnostics, Clinical Institute of Laboratory Diagnosis, Zagreb University School of Medicine and Clinical Hospital Center
- 1995-2002 - head of Laboratory for General Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Institute of Laboratory Diagnosis, Zagreb University Hospital Center and School of Medicine
- 1987-1995 - medical biochemist, Endocrinology Laboratory, Department of Internal Medicine, Clinical Hospital Center Zagreb
- study visits to clinical laboratories abroad:
- Institut für Klinische Chemie, Klinikum München-Bogenhausen, München, Njemačka, prof Walter Guder (1999). Research of expert system for urine protein differentiation.
- Institut für Klinische Chemie, Kaiser Franz-Josef Spital, Vienna, Austria, prof Matthias Mueller (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002). Organization and rational management of clinical laboratory.
- Laboratory of Skåne University Hospital – Malmö, Sweden (Sept 2010)
- Evidence-based medicine courses in 2002.: Critical Appraisal Skills, and: Teaching Evidence-Based Medicine, Oxford, United Kingdom
Current international project:
- Postanalytical Phase: International Survey on Oral Anticoagulation Therapy Management, EFCC Workgroup on Postanalytical Phase, principal investigator: prof Sverre Sandberg; an EU-funded project.
Current national projects:
- Chronic Renal Disease - Prevalence and Markers of Early Impairment. A University of Zagreb project, principal investigator: prof Bojan Jelaković.
Participation in completed projects:
Awards and honours:
- 1991-1995 Prenatal diagnostics of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (investigator), the project financed by the Ministry of Science.
- 1995-1999 American-Croatian project: Endemic nephropathy (investigator).
- 1998-2003 BMP-7 (OP-1) in protection and treatment of renal diseases (investigator), the project financed by the Croatian Ministry of Science, Education and Sports.
- 2000-2004 Scientific foundations for quality in health care (investigator) the project financed by the Ministry of Science.
- 2003-2008 The role of TSH in osteoporosis model and in female patients with reduced bone mass (investigator), the project financed by the Ministry of Science.
- 2005-2009 Quality of guidelines (investigator), the project of the IFCC Commission for Evidence-Based Medicine, principal investigator: prof. Andrea Rita Horvath.
- 1999 - IFCC-AVL international award for one of the ten best communications in the field of intensive care and emergency laboratory medicine.
- 1991 - Croatian Society of Medical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine
- 1997 - Croatian Society for Calcified Tissues
- 1998 - Croatian Nephrological Society
- 2001 - American Association of Clinical Chemistry
- 2005 - Croatian Association for Evidence-Based Medicine (secretary)
- 2006 - IFCC Committee on Evidence-Based Laboratory Medicine
- 2007 - Croatian Chamber of Medical Biochemists (vice president)
- 2011 - EFCC Working Group for Postanalytical Phase (permanent member)
- 2014 - International Scientific Advisory Board - Worldlab 2014
- 2014 - University Hospital Center Zagreb Ethical Committee
- 2014 - National Health Council, Croatian Ministry of Health
- Passed specialist exam in laboratory medicine in 1995.
- Invited speaker, chair/member of scientific committee at a number of international and national scientific and professional meetings.
The works included in the Croatian scientific bibliography (CROSBI)