prof. dr. sc. Dubravka Vitali Čepo
Phone: 01 6394 772
Address: Department of Food Chemistry
Domagojeva 2, 10000 Zagreb
Dubravka Vitali Čepo, PhD is an associate professor and Head of the Department of Food Chemistry. She is a course teacher of „Physiological and Biochemical Aspects of Nutrition“, "Nutritional Biochemistry", "Nutrition Therapy" (also performed in english) and "Environmental Health" courses and an associate teacher in "Pharmaceutical care" and "Radicals and antioxidants in health and disease" courses in integrated study of Pharmacy and Medicinal biochemistry. Dr. Vitali Čepo is also a course teacher in several courses in postgraduate doctoral studies (module Pharmaceutical Sciences) and postgraduate specialist studies "Dermatopharmacy and cosmetology" and "Phytopharmacy with Nutrition therapy". The area of her scientific interest is generally focused on application of contemporary isolation techniques and preclinical investiagtion of biological activity of particular food constituents.
- 2008 Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb, Postgraduate doctoral study, academic title: PhD, field of science: Biomedicine and health
- 2002 Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb, Graduate study of Pharmacy, academic title: Master of Pharmacy
- 2009 – 2015: Associate professor at Department of Food Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- 2009 – 2015: Assistant professor at Department of Food Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- 2008 – 2009: Senior research assistant at Department of Food Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- 2002 – 2008: Assistant at Department of Food Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- 2007. Charles University, Prague. Department of Biochemical science, Faculty of Pharmacy, Czech Republic
- 2006. University of Pardubice, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Czech Republic
- Principal investigator on project HRZZ „Valorization of olive waste in sustainable food innovation“ (project number: IUP-2014-09-9143, 2015.-2018.)
- Associate on project funded by the University of Zagreb: Ultrasonic extraction of functional compounds from food waste (2014)
- Associate on projects funded by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia: "Cereal-based Consumer Products: Nutritive and Technological Research"; Project ID: 0006621 (2002-2005) and "Functional food-cereal based dietetic products";
- Project ID: 006-1130475-0159 (2007-2012).
- 2013-today: Management committee member of the COST project "INFOGEST: Improving Health Properties of Food by Sharing our Knowledge on the Digestive Process"
- 2012-today: Member of American Chemical Society (ACS)
- 2011-today: Member of the editorial board of the scientific journal for nutrition and dietetics "Food in Health and disease"
- 2011-today: Member of the scientific committee of the international scientific symposium "From food to health"
The works included in the Croatian scientific bibliography (CROSBI)